Aspiring chefs are provided with a fundamental grounding in all disciplines relating to the planning, organising, and executing of the preparation, cooking, and finishing of food in hospitality and catering establishments. This qualification provides a direct pathway from entry level as a Kitchen Hand to qualifying as a Chef.
Your journey to becoming a highly skilled Chef starts here!
- Prepare for food production, associated areas, commodities, staff, and the cooking environment.
- Communicate with and assist other kitchen personnel.
- Prepare, cook, and assemble specific food items using the correct method and techniques to meet customer and organisational requirements.
- Assist kitchen and service staff to prepare and serve food and clean service areas.
- Hygienically prepare and assemble food and clean food preparation areas.