The hospitality and tourism industry is resilient and shows continued growth in this new normal where trust is the new currency, innovation is an essential part of everyday life and multi-skilled staff is in clear demand within the corporate and entrepreneurial sector.
The Hospitality Management Programme meets the above criteria; it does not only equip learners with essential technical (hard) skills but emphasizes the importance of soft (life) skills to enable learners to fit in at the workplace and eventually progress from managers to leaders.
The generic learning offerings in the curriculum ensure a high degree of portability and enable learners to enter multiple job roles and careers in their quest to meet individual and organisational requirements.
OFQUAL & Highfield International
The Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OFQUAL) is a global leader in compliance and work-based learning and apprenticeship qualifications and one of the UK’s most recognisable awarding organisations. Highfield International Qualifications offered by CHS Hotel School are regulated by OFQUAL.
- General Hospitality Skills with the emphasis on guest relations
- Food and Beverage Service and Management
- Events Management
- Rooms Division Management (Front Office and Accommodation Services)
- Leadership Skills and Entrepreneurship
- Human Resource Management
- Business Management (sales, marketing, finances)
- Basic Food Preparation and Cooking Skills
- Self-Development and Workplace Readiness (emotional intelligence)
- Additional National and International Courses
Work Integrated Learning
Practical Training Offsite
As a result of our high standards and industry recognition, CHS Hotel School is one of the very few tertiary institutions to guarantee work-integrated learning at a variety of reputable hotels, restaurants, guest houses and conference centres in and around Pretoria. We place, roster, and rotate each student and evaluate off-campus practical training regularly.
Work-integrated learning, which is prescribed in the curriculum, takes place under close supervision and according to a roster to complement theoretical studies and prepare learners for the workplace.