The hospitality sector is championed by incredible professionals who possess a wide range of hard and soft skills. Investing in hotel staff training with an accredited hospitality school like CHS is one of the best ways to maximise your establishment’s potential and glean a competitive edge over other players in the industry. In this guide, we will unpack the benefits of hotel staff training and explore the customisable skills programmes that we have on offer.
The Benefits of Hotel Staff Training
Knowledge is power, the more we know, the better we can accomplish goals and excel in our roles. This is why more and more hospitality establishments are investing in skills training programmes for their staff. When you invest in our training programmes, you glean the following advantages.
- Higher quality service: When you keep employees trained and invest in their professional development, you ensure that they remain in the know about new trends in the sector. By creating a learning culture that values growth, you create an environment where employees strive to give their best and go above and beyond expected standards.
- Enhanced productivity: Teams who engage in learning and development programmes can carry out tasks efficiently and effectively. Well-trained staff can better navigate computer systems, handle problems confidently, and find creative solutions, resulting in a more streamlined organisational success.
- Higher staff satisfaction and retention: When staff feel valued and get the opportunity to develop their skills, they will naturally feel more satisfied at your establishment. This can positively impact employee retention rates by boosting morale and enhancing general operational efficiency.
Our CHS programmes focus on three core skill areas to improve your staff’s performance, namely:
- Multi-skilling:Ensuring that your staff have a broad and diverse range of skills to handle any situation.
- Upskilling: A commitment to continuous learning and development to improve and expand existing skills.
- Reskilling: Updating existing skills with new industry trends and information. This process often entails getting a certificate.
CHS skills programmes cover many areas, including:
– Food Service Assistant Skills Programme
– Room Attendant Skills Programme
– Hospitality Reception Skills Programme, and
– Customer Operative Skills Programme.
We also have our popular Moments of Magic Guest Relations Programme which helps your staff to understand the importance of exceptional guest service by honing their client engagement skills. We teach them the importance of forging meaningful connections so that they can create a truly memorable guest experience. This sets your establishment apart and ensures higher levels of guest loyalty resulting in long-standing clients who support your hotel.
Explore Skills Training at CHS
If you want to set your hotel or hospitality establishment apart, consider learning more about our staff training programmes. To get the best out of your staff, it’s imperative to give them the best too. For more information, get in touch with us and we will happily answer your questions and advise on the best hotel staff training options for your needs.