This programme aims to upskill employees who are currently employed in a food and beverage service role. The learner will:
- Learn the importance of customer service in a bar environment.
- Determine and practice the service sequence in a bar environment.
- Gain advanced knowledge with regards to various service styles.
- Learn the ins and outs of preparing and serving beverages.
- Learn how to manage their work area and their own personal development.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the food and beverage service environment.
At the end of this skills programme and the completion of a portfolio of evidence, the learner will be able to:
- Provide Customer Service
- Process incoming and outgoing telephone calls
- Describe layout, services and facilities of the organisation
- Communicate verbally
- Maintain effective working relationships with other members of staff
- Maintain a secure working environment
- Maintain a safe working environment
- Maintain health, hygiene and a professional appearance
- Perform basic calculations
- Provide a drink service for licensed premises
- Operate a payment point and process payments
- Develop Self within The Job Role
- Prepare and clear areas for drinks service
- Clean and store glassware
- Clean and restock drinks machines / equipment
- Provide a table drink service