Course IntroductionLearn to excel in the hospitality industry and practice your exceptional service and management skills in the USA, experience new cultures, expand your CV and earn US$. Continuous support from your local (CHS) and international training partners throughout your journey which will equip you with the toolset to out perform your competition in the job market. No hidden costs; attitude is your key to success.
Prepare + attitude + opportunity + action = luck ~ John C. MaxwellSo, enroll now for an experience of a lifetime!
Study LocationsThis course’s six months’ theoretical studies will be available on our blended learning platform in Pretoria. Then twelve months internship programme in America at prestigious hotels or resorts. Completing of studies to take place upon return to South Africa. Intake: January 2020
This programme offers participants the opportunity to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in the food and beverage service operations within the hospitality industry. Master new skills and technologies by being exposed to American standards of service and management.
Once you have completed the 6 months theoretical studies with the Capital Hotel School, participants will have the opportunity to spend the next 12 months enjoying work in the US, gaining practical work experience and working in some of the most prestigious hotels and resorts in America.
Only a life lived to the service of others is worth living. – Albert Einstein
Boost your CV with the best working holiday.
Students will be exposed to the daily operations within the food service industry, while preforming practical training assignments.
Included in fees:
- Earn $ while working – minimum of approx. $175 per week. This translates to $700+ per month
- All Learning Material
- City & Guilds Exam
- Formal Uniform Set
- Basic Waiter Tool Kit
- Student Card and Name Badge
- Basic Android Device
- Pocket Money/ Stipend
- Accommodation Deposit/ Rent contribution upfront
- Screening and International placement at US employer
- J-1 Visa
- Orientation in USA
- Health, accident and Liability insurance for the 12-months duration in USA
- Processing costs
- Pre-departure orientation
- Participation handbook and guide
- Return flights from Johannesburg
- Programme funding
- Accommodation assistance
- Online Tax-back application assistance
- Assistance and emergency service through your US Sponsor for the duration of the programme
- Support while in USA
Not included in fees:
- WSET Level 1 certificate and training (recommended)
- First Aid Level 1 certificate and training (recommended)
- Local transport to Johannesburg, O.R. Tambo airport
What do you need to apply?
CHS is looking for dynamic and committed young people who aspire to a career in the hospitality industry and working abroad.
- Verbal and written proficiency in English
- Successfully passed Grade 12 (matriculants are required to submit their most recent results)
- Between 18 – 27 years of age
- No criminal record
- Good credit record
- South African Citizen
- Computer Literacy
- Financially Solvent
USA Hospitality Internship – 18 months programme includes:
- National Certificate in Food and Beverage Services
- National Certificate in Events Support Assistant: Operations
City & Guilds Qualification:
- International Certificate in Food and Beverage Services
Optional but recommended:
- WSET International Award in Wines – Level 1
- Basic First Aid Course – Level 1
Chef students are placed at some of the leading hotels and resorts in the USA for international workplace experience. These practical placements ensure that our students are ready for employment upon completion of the course anywhere in the world as they have gained invaluable training and experience.
See below some of the establishments where you might be placed:
- The Driskill
- La Cantera Hill Country Resort
- Marriott Gaylord Palms Resort
- Remington Hotels
- Hotel Galvez
- Fairmont Group
- Escondido Golf & Lake Club
- Hills of Lakeway