Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in the hospitality industry and want to earn their qualification while continuing to work.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to qualify employees that are currently employed in a food preparations role. The learner will:
- Learn about the importance of food safety and hygiene in the kitchen.
- Practice HACCP principles in their everyday life.
- Learn the importance of mise en place in the kitchen area.
- Learn basic important food preparation techniques.
- Learn advanced food preparation techniques and recipes.
- Learn how to manage their work area and their own personal development.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the restaurant environment.
- Learn how to successfully integrate into their work environment.
- Learn how to induct and coach new employees.
- Learn the ins and outs of the hospitality industry.
- Learn advanced pastry techniques.
- Learn advanced kitchen management skills.
- Gain substantial experiential knowledge in working in and managing a kitchen environment.
Total of contact days required: 54
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 5
Cost on request (as programmes are dependent on the requirements of the company).