Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in an accommodation establishment’s reception area and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education. Learners have to be employed in the Front Office division of a hotel, guest house, lodge or other accommodation establishment. Entry into this qualification requires the learner to have a Grade 10 or higher.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
- Fundamental front office principals, sectors and lay outs.
- Understanding of hotel and tourism sectors.
- Management of area of work; including front office, telephone operations and back of house area for reception.
- Fundamental stock take and financial principles, as well as planning and preparation for related work areas and sections, including Night Audit.
Upon completion of this course the following CATHSSETA qualification is achieved:
- National Certificate: Hospitality Reception (SAQA ID: 14116)