Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in an accommodation establishment’s reception area and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education. Learners have to be employed in the Front Office division of a hotel, guest house, lodge or other accommodation establishment. Entry into this qualification requires the learner to have a Grade 10 or higher.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in a hospitality reception role. The learner will:
- Learn the basics of effective and sincere guest service.
- Learn how to correctly handle and store guest belongings.
- Learn how to deal with local and international currencies.
- Learn how to book and sell internal and external services.
- Learn higher level calculation and thinking skills.
- Focus on communications in a business environment.
- Learn more about computerized Guest Management Systems.
- Learn how to successfully integrate into their work environment.
- Learn how to induct and coach new employees.
- Learn the ins and outs of the hospitality industry.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the front office environment.
Total contact days required: 26
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 4