Course OutlineThis qualification has been developed for persons aspiring to become national or international supervisors/managers in any of the three Front of House Departments of the Hospitality Industry. It brings together hospitality management elements which comprise of accommodation services (housekeeping), front office (reception), food preparation, food and beverage services and human resource and business management principles. The course is applicable to all sectors of the Hospitality Management Industry ranging from bed and breakfast establishments, sports facilities, tour operators, lodges to large-scale hotels. The qualification builds on all other hospitality management certificates and diplomas and provides articulation with Gaming, Travel and other Tourism industries. Many management and social skills are required to be successful in this challenging hospitality career. Maximum 70 students per year.
Study LocationsThis course is currently available to students at our Pretoria Campus.
The course consists of theory as well as practical components which cover the following topics:
- Customer Service
- Events Management
- Leadership Skills
- Understanding Cultural Diversity
- Managing Conflict in the Workplace
- Effective Communication within a Team
- Sound Financial Principles
- Conducting on the Job Training
- Basic knowledge of Labour Relations
These are but a few of the topics that our hospitality management course covers and that, coupled with the practical component, are essential ingredients to excel in the workplace.
CATHSSETA Qualifications included:
- Events Support Assistant: Operations (EVM/EVSUPASSOP/4/0002)
- Further Education and Training Certificate: Hospitality Reception (64469)
- National Certificate: Food and Beverage Services (14113)
- National Certificate: Accommodation Services (14110)
City & Guilds International Qualifications included:
- Diploma in Food and Beverage Services (8066-02)
- Diploma in Reception Operations and Services (8067-02)
- Diploma in Accommodation Operations and Services (8068-02)
- Award in Food Safety in Catering (8066-203)
- WSET Level 1 International Award in Wines
- Basic First Aid Course Level 1
- Basic Fire Fighting Course Level 1
- Basic Word and Excel Computer Competency
Programme costs available on request.
Chef students are placed and monitored at some of the leading hotels, restaurants and conference venues in Pretoria and CHS is proud to have long standing relationships with these establishments. These practical placements ensure that our students are ready for employment upon completion of the course as they have gained invaluable workplace experience.