Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in a commercial kitchen of a restaurant or fully-serviced establishment and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education. The Advanced Diploma is an optional add-on to the diploma and/or qualification you have already achieved. Learners have to submit proof that they have acquired a hospitality or cookery qualification previously. Alternatively, the learner may opt to go through a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
Study LocationsThis course is currently available our Pretoria Campus.
- Staff training and supervision.
- Understanding and designing HACCP procedures in the workplace.
- Management of areas of work.
- Financial principals pertaining to budgets, food costing, wastage, stock control and storage.
- Menu planning and preparation.
- Supervision of food production facilities and operations.
Upon completion of this course the following City & Guilds qualification is achieved:
- Advanced Diploma in Food Preparation and Catering Supervision (8065-04 (L3) )