Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in the hospitality industry and want to improve their skills while continuing to work. The qualification can be used to continue the learner’s studies on a higher level i.e. certificate and will receive credits for the applicable units completed.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in an accommodation services role. The learner will:
- Learn the basics of effective and sincere guest service
- Learn how to correctly handle and store guest belongings
- Learn how to correctly and efficiently clean guest bedroom areas
- Learn how to correctly and efficiently clean public areas
- Learn how to effectively deep clean a variety of different floor coverings
- Learn more about cleaning self-catering units
- Understand the importance of the portering service
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the accommodation services environment
Total contact days required: 8
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 2
Cost on request (as programmes are dependent on the requirements of the company).