Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in the hospitality industry and want to improve their skills while continuing to work. The qualification can be used to continue the learner’s studies on a higher level i.e. certificate and will receive credits for the applicable units completed.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in a hospitality reception role. The learner will:
- Learn the basics of effective and sincere guest service.
- Learn how to correctly handle and store guest belongings.
- Learn how to deal with local and international currencies.
- Learn how to book and sell internal and external services.
- Learn higher level calculation and thinking skills.
- Focus on communications in a business environment.
- Learn more about computerised guest management systems.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the front office environment.
Total contact days required: 10
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 2
Cost on request (as programmes are dependent on the requirements of the company).