Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in the hospitality industry and want improve their skills continuing to work. The certificate is aimed at individuals working in a production or restaurant kitchen and has no entry requirements. The qualification can be used to continue the learner’s studies on a higher level i.e. certificate and will receive credits for the applicable units completed.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in a food preparation role. The learner will:
- Learn about the importance of food safety and hygiene in the kitchen.
- Practice HACCP principles in their everyday life.
- Learn the importance of mise en place in the kitchen area.
- Learn basic important food preparation techniques.
- Learn advanced food preparation techniques and recipes.
- Learn how to manage their work area and their own personal development.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the kitchen environment.
Total contact days required: 10
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 3
Cost on request (as programmes are dependent on the requirements of the company).