Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in a commercial restaurant or in the kitchen of a hotel or similar establishment and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education. Learners have to be employed in the food production area of any food service establishment.Entry into this qualification requires the learner to have a Grade 10 or higher.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
- Fundamental principles of cooking and food preparation techniques.
- Understanding of hotel and tourism sectors.
- Management of areas of work.
- Fundamental stock take principles.
- Planning and preparation related to work areas and sections.
- Understanding HACCP procedures in the workplace.
Upon completion of this course the following CATHSSETA qualification is achieved:
- National Certificate: Professional Cookery (SAQA ID: 14111)