Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in a commercial restaurant or in the kitchen of a hotel or similar establishment and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education. Learners have to be employed in the food production area of any food service establishment. Entry into this qualification requires the learner to have a Grade 10 or higher.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
- This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in a food preparation role. The learner will:
- Learn about the importance of food safety and hygiene in the kitchen.
- Practice HACCP principles in their everyday life.
- Learn the importance of mise en place in the kitchen area.
- Learn basic important food preparation techniques.
- Learn advanced food preparation techniques and recipes.
- Learn how to manage their work area and their own personal development.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the restaurant environment.
- Learn how to successfully integrate into their work environment.
- Learn how to induct and coach new employees.
- Learn the ins and outs of the hospitality industry.
Total contact days required: 25
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 4