Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in the hospitality industry and want to earn their qualification while continuing to work.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in an events service role. The learner will:
- Adhere to professional conduct and business ethics in a Public Relations and Communication environment.
- Funtion successfully and effectively in a team.
- Be able to apply exceptional customer service.
- Minimize and manage safety and emergency incidents.
- Conduct events support services within specific event genres.
- Provide logistical support for an event.
- Provide operational support for a minor event.
Total contact days required: 10
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 4
Cost on request (as programmes are dependent on the requirements of the company).