Course IntroductionThis qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in an accommodation establishment’s housekeeping department and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education. Learners have to be employed in the Accommodation Services division at a hotel, guest house, lodge or other accommodation establishment. Entry into this qualification requires the learner to have a Grade 10 or higher.
What is Hospitalit-eHospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School. The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers. Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
This programme aims to upskill employees that are currently employed in an accommodation service role. The learner will:
- Learn the basics of effective and sincere guest service.
- Learn how to correctly handle and store guest belongings.
- Learn how to correctly and efficiently clean guest bedroom areas.
- Learn how to correctly and efficiently clean public areas.
- Learn more about cleaning self-catering units.
- Understand the importance of the portering service.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the accommodation services environment.
- Learn how to successfully integrate into their work environment.
- Learn how to induct and coach new employees.
- Learn the ins and outs of the hospitality industry.
- Fundamentals of accommodation services and hotel lay out.
- Understanding of hotel and tourism sectors.
- Management of areas of work including rooms and laundry areas.
- Fundamental stock take principles.
- Planning and preparation related to work areas and sections.
Total contact days required: 23
CATHSSETA – NQF Level: 4