International Cooking Course

Earn While Working with Our International Food and Beverage Service Internship

Do you have a love for the hospitality and service industry? Then you will know how many opportunities are available to fall in line with a career that you will enjoy. If your goal while studying is to travel and receive an international certification, then our USA Hospitality Food and Beverage Service Internship is precisely what you need to fulfil your dreams.

At Capital Hotel School, we have always been driven to give our students the best learning advantage in the industry. From cooking programmes to in-depth hospitality training, our learners go on to excel and make a difference for themselves and others. Our newest course, a USA internship, is one of the most exciting available programmes yet.

What Is It About?

The USA Hospitality Food and Beverage Service Internship aims to train students theoretically and then lets them go out to work across international waters for experience and the chance to earn great money. You will have expert support every step of the way from our CHS lecturers and partners in the US, ensuring that your experience is safe, enjoyable, and chock-full of learning.

Where Will I Study?

The full-time course runs for a duration of 18 months. The first six months’ worth of theoretical training will take place through our blended learning programme in Pretoria. After that, your 12-month international internship will begin abroad in the United States of America. Here, you will be afforded the opportunity to work at some of the most prestigious hotels, establishments, and resorts. Upon returning to South Africa, you will officially complete your course and receive your qualifications.

What Is Included in My Course?

Along with your learning material, there are many exciting extras that you can look forward to in this internship course, such as the following:

  • Earning a minimum of $700 a month.
  • A waiter tool kit and uniform set.
  • A basic Android device for use while overseas.
  • Spending money.
  • A deposit on your accommodation.
  • A J-1 Visa.
  • Screening, orientation, and work placement in the US.
  • 12-month insurance cover in the US.
  • Assistance with tax, lodging, and emergency services.
  • Orientation before you depart and return flights from O.R. Tambo International Airport.

What Kind of Certification Will I Attain?

The accreditation you can expect to attain includes a national CATHSSETA qualification and an international certificate in Food and Beverage Services from City & Guilds. We also recommend that you pursue your level 1 certification in the WSET.

What Other Cooking Courses Are on Offer?

If you like hospitality, but find that cooking is more your passion, then we have several cooking programmes available for you. From short cooking courses to professional chef qualifications, we do it all.

Getting in touch with us is easy, simply fill out a contact form, and we will get back to you with all the information you require on your hospitality or cooking programme. We also have several brochures available for download that you can work through before you decide upon your desired qualification.

Who is CHS?

Download our eBrochure and discover the art of hospitality.