How a Hospitality Management School Can Give Your Career the Boost It Needs
Those leaving school or looking to explore a new career usually know the direction in which they wish to move, even if they do not yet have a specific goal in mind. For service-oriented individuals who enjoy meeting new people in dynamic and creative environments, hospitality management is ideal. The industry offers an infinite number of opportunities, and those who pursue this field of study usually find their passion along the way.
A hospitality management school is the best place to learn about this booming industry that happens to be one of the fastest-growing sectors in the country. With the right school, you will learn all about how to deliver a satisfying service or experience to guests, clients, or customers. A good school will also teach you about the various interdisciplinary skills needed to excel at any job in the industry and turn your line of work into the career you have always wanted.
Why Study Hospitality Management
Studying within the field does not require a specific type of personality. Hospitality management, however, is service-oriented at its core and includes fulfilling a variety of roles geared towards customer satisfaction. Individuals who enjoy meeting people, executing a diverse range of challenging tasks, and accommodating clients’ needs will fare best in the industry. There are plenty of reasons to pursue such a career through study, some of which include:
- Developing leadership and teamwork skills, as well as self-confidence.
- Learning institutional and people management skills and techniques.
- Improving problem-solving skills, creative thinking, and innovation.
- You can bridge your studies with other fields of expertise, such as cookery, housekeeping, and reception.
- Those who love to travel will find that their studies allow them the opportunity to work overseas and see the world.
- You will develop a skill set that is not only recognised globally, but also highly sought after in the international community.
- You will have your pick of work opportunities which will accommodate your strengths and passions.
Where You Can Apply
At Capital Hotel School, we run a Hospitality Management Programme that outlines the best of the industry skills required. Hotel and accommodation managing, accommodation services such as housekeeping, and food and beverage preparation, and even business and financial skills are all topics our course covers. The programme runs full-time over two years and includes an optional third year which affords extra accreditation. Completing this qualification will provide students with various CATHSSETA and City & Guilds international certifications. Theoretical and practical components of the Hospitality Management Programme involve the following:
- Managing events
- Customer care and services
- Cultural diversity training
- Leadership skills
- Conflict within work environments
- Team communication
- Fundamental training in labour relations
- Financial and business principles
To enrol, simply or get in touch with our team for more information. We also have various downloadable brochures where you can find out more about the different courses we offer. You can also like or follow our pages on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with our latest news and events.