This qualification is designed for individuals who are currently working in an accommodation establishment’s housekeeping department and would like to earn a qualification or advance their education.
Learners have to be employed in the Accommodation Services division at a hotel, guest house, lodge or other accommodation establishment. Entry into this qualification requires the learner to have a Grade 10 or higher.
What is Hospitalit-e
Hospitalit-e is the Blended learning division of Capital Hotel School.
The blended learning technique combines online studies and lecture times, with assistance during tutor sessions. This offers the ideal study method for our learners as they have the flexibility to study when, where and as they have the time. Unlike other online platforms, Hospitalit-e allows for monitoring of learners, and checking on their progress daily, with weekly progress reports sent to learners or their sponsors/employers.
Venue, dates and times for contact sessions with assessors and moderators are scheduled in advance and does not implicate long periods out of the workplace.
- Fundamentals of accommodation services and hotel lay out.
- Understanding of hotel and tourism sectors.
- Management of areas of work including rooms and laundry areas.
- Fundamental stock take principles.
- Planning and preparation related to work areas and sections.
Upon completion of this course the following CATHSSETA qualification is achieved:
- National Certificate: Accommodation Services (SAQA ID: 14110)
R24 995 per year
Terms and conditions apply.